This book (2023 Edition) provides is a welcome and much needed resource for veterans, their survivors, and for those who assist veterans. This book provides current information on VA Rules and detailed instructions on how to submit "Fully Developed Claims." This edition of the "How to Apply Book" is the most important revision made since 2014. All previous year's additions are now out of date.
$89.00 & Free Shipping | 498 Pages & Flash Drive | Table of Contents
This book details and provides:
- Special attention to the PACT ACT of 2022
- Important new information about Agent Orange and Nehmer claims,
- New presumptive diseases and service locations and service dates for Agent Orange exposure,
- 2023 Rates for Pension, Compensation, DIC, SMC, and Aid and Attendance Allowances
- New regulations pertaining to VA Pension and Survivor Pension (aid and attendance) - 36 month look-back, penalties for transferring assets, bright-line net-worth limit, and more...,
- Newest procedures for Pension and Survivors Pension with Aid & Attendance or Housebound Allowances,
- Newest Compensation procedures for service-connected disabilities incurred or aggravated during active military service (including Presumed Service-Connected, POW, Chronic Conditions, Ionizing Radiation, Agent Orange, Disability Caused by Illness, Combat or Other Injury, Existing Conditions, Exposure to Hazards, Chemicals and Harmful Environmental Conditions, PTSD – Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Noise Induced Hearing Loss with Tinnitus, PTIU – Permanent and Total Disability Due to Individual Unemployability, Gulf War Disorders, Reevaluation or Change for an Existing Benefit, Section 1151 Claim, Tropical Diseases, and more...),
- Newest procedures for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC), a death benefit for survivors of veterans who died on active duty or as a result of service-connected disability or as a result of improper treatment from VA healthcare or rehabilitation services (including posthumous claims),
- Newest procedures to obtain additional long term care allowances for Compensation, Special Monthly Compensation (SMC), and DIC,
- Updates and enrollment information for Veterans Health Care,
- Application instructions for Burial Benefits, Accrued Benefits, and CHAMP VA,
- Information regarding the implementation of the new appeals process,
- Information regarding Vocational Rehabilitation, Homeless Support, and more...
This book also provides information on:
- New rules and procedures for reviews and appeals for adverse decisions,
- Obtaining survivor income benefits when the deceased veteran was not on claim
- Step-by-step instructions for setting up a new eBenefits account or filing paper claims,
- Advantages and pitfalls with using eBenefits for Compensation and Pension Claims
- Potential changes in asset and income rules for Pension, Aid and Attendance Claims,
- Advantages for obtaining private nexus opinions for Compensation Claims
- Advantages for obtaining private DBQ's for Compensation Claims,
- VA Regional Offices and State Veterans Nursing Homes,
- Home Improvement Grants,
- Handling Denial Letters, Submitting New/Material Information, and Making an Appeal,
- Loan Guarantee, Education Benefits, and more...
Claim Support Flash Drive Included!
Flash Drive - Intake Center Mailing/Faxing Information, 240 + Current VA forms, 2023 Benefit Rates, Detailed Checklists (instructions for each type of claim), Medical Examination Worksheets, Medical Questionnaires, and the Federal Register release regarding VA's New Rules Changes for Pension.